R.S. 300 TROPHYFrom R 949,999
or R 13,399pm*
Limited models available in SA!
• 0 -100km/h in 5.7s
• 255 km/h Top Speed
• CUP Chassis
• Torsen® Limited Slip Differential
• 4CONTROL 4-wheel steering system
• 19″ Tri-tone Alloy Wheels
• Trophy Badging & Graphics • ABS + EBD + EBA + ESP + ASR
New Megane R.S. – The Return Of A Legend
Many thought that the Renault Mégane RS had seen its last sunset in Africa, but in exciting news, the legend lives on in the Trophy! With only 55 units of the Renault Mégane RS Trophy available in South Africa, this French hatchback is hot stuff.
Time may be limited to purchase this sporty Renault as the Boulogne-Billancourt-based automaker leaves the past behind and shifts its focus towards electric vehicles.
The Mégane RS 300 Trophy boasts a new version of the turbocharged 1.8-litre, 4-cylinder petrol engine, driven by a 300PS power unit. You’re likely to leave any competition behind in this car, with its 5.7 second sprint from 0-100 kph and max speed of 255 kph.
Built for control the Trophy’s 4control technology optimises road-holding. At low speeds the system turns the rear wheels in the opposite direction to the front wheels, but at speeds over 60km/h (100km/h in race mode), all four wheels turn in the same direction.
When it comes to features, the Trophy comes standard with a 7.0-inch touchscreen (complete with Apple CarPlay and Android Auto functionality), a sporty leather-trimmed steering wheel, a Torsen mechanical limited-slip differential and 4-wheel steering.
Renault Megane R.S Trophy Specs
The new Megane R.S. Trophy engine specs offer the following performance figures:
|Engine Type||Max Power Rating||Peak Torque|
|1.8-litre 16-valve Turbo||221kW @ 6000rpm||420Nm @ 2400 – 4500rpm|
Every one of the 55 units set aside for SA features 6-speed dual-clutch transmission and comes standard with a 5-year/150 000 km mechanical warranty.
For a more detailed breakdown of the Trophy RS specs – download the latest Megane RS brochure.
Renault Megane R.S. Interior Accessories
The 2023 Megane R.S. Trophy’s interior features include:
- R.S. Nappa perforated leather steering wheel and gear lever
- Custom R.S. black harmony roof ceiling
- Chrome-plated Renault Sport front door sills
- Front and rear door panel ambient lighting
- Aluminium pedal unit and footrest
- Alcantara front seats
- High centre console with cup holder and closure flap
- R.S. dashboard and doors moulding
- Daylight/nightlight review mirror
- Display – Digital Speedometer (7” TFT screen)
- Driver and passenger seat belt undone warning audible alert
- Rear seat belt undone audible alert
- Onboard computer
Renault Megane R.S. Exterior Accessories
The exterior Renault R.S. accessories for the Trophy is the following:
- R.S. extended front wheel arches with air grilles
- R.S. extended rear wheel arches
- Custom front bumper widened with F1 Gun Metal Gray blade
- Honeycomb front grille with R.S. marking
- Custom rear bumper widened with functional diffuser and central exhaust
- R.S. skirt with flat bottom effect
- 19” Tri-tone alloys with red styling
- Rear LED 3D Edge Light daytime running lights
- Starry Black door mirrors
- Trophy badging and graphics to front, rear and sides
Renault Megane R.S. Trophy Review
It is our opinion that the Renault Mégane R.S. Trophy is the benchmark vehicle that you need if you are looking for focused-handling, agility and stability in a hot hatch. The 2023 Megane Sport is the front-runner in the competitive hot hatchback segment of the South African automotive market. This is thanks to the amazingly sharp responsiveness that comes as standard in this lineup – this hot hatch carries its F1 DNA with pride.
Megane R.S. Performance And Drive
The new Renault Megane Trophy features a 4 control four-wheel steering system. Suspension with hydraulic compression stops: inspired by the demanding world of rallying, hydraulic compression stops on the Megane R.S. are added to each shock absorber to dampen the bump before they reach full compression. This avoids any rebound and pendulum effects, helping to keep each tyre in contact with the ground to produce notable improvement, whatever the state of the road.
The Torsen mechanical limited slip differential is associated with the cup chassis, it has an asymmetrical transfer rate for acceleration and deceleration to improve acceleration power and cornering speed.
Why Choose A Renault Megane R.S. Trophy
The Renault Mégane is a well established car and is much loved both here in South Africa and abroad. It is one of the vehicles that has cemented the Renault brand as one of the most reliable and dependable marques in the world.
This reliability has been further enhanced with development of the Renault Sports models, which maintained this reliability while adding the blistering power and superb handling which is the signature of the R.S. family. On top of this, the Megane Trophy is part of Renault Racing heritage, and because of this we highly recommend this car to any driver who is looking for some extra excitement – those with a deep-seated need for speed and an overall love for the freedom of the open road.
Renault Megane R.S. Trophy Fuel Consumption Figures*
Nobody wants to spend more than necessary on filling up, and we know that decent fuel consumption figures are an important part of many vehicle buyer’s purchasing decisions. This is the average consumption figures of the Trophy’s 50-litre fuel tank:
|R.S. Trophy||8.1 L/100km||182 g/km|
Megane R.S. Safety Features
The new Megane Sport will include the full set of innovative safety features and technologies such as:
- ABS, EBD, EBA, ESP and ASR
- Driver and passenger adaptive front airbags
- Pelvis/thorax side airbags for driver and front-seat passenger
- Airbags – Deactivation of front passenger (for use with child seats)
- Airbags – Curtain front and rear
- LED indicators integrated into the door mirrors
- Auto locking with speed sensing door lock
- Hill Start Assist (HSA)
- ISOFIX child seat anchorage points on rear outer seats
- Tyre Pressure Monitor
- Tyre inflation kit
- Seats – height adjustable front seatbelts with double pretensioners
Renault Megane Sport Technology
The Renault Megane R.S. range comes with some very impressive Sports Technology:
- 4CONTROL 4-wheel steering system
- R.S. Drive activation button
- Renault MULTI-SENSE (choice of driving modes – 5 driving modes including Race mode)
- R.S. Monitor 2.0
Renault Megane R.S. Colours
According to sources, the Renault MeganeSport will be available in the following colour options will be:
- Pearl White
- Liquid Yellow
- Orange Tonic